Donate to Sisters Taking On the Prevention of Suicide
Thank you for supporting Sisters Taking On the Prevention of Suicide!
Your Contribution Matters
Sisters Taking On the Prevention of Suicide (STOPS) is a mental health awareness nonprofit dedicated to reducing suicide rates by training and supporting women who have friends and/or loved ones living with a mental illness.
Our work is driven by our commitment to equip women with what they will need to build communities that champion for the success of people living with mental illness through education, resources, inspiration (advocacy), and connection.
With Your Help We are Able to Make A Difference
Your generous donation can help us raise awareness and potentially save lives. One of our key vehicles for raising awareness is our Mental Health First Aid course.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance abuse. What you learn:
- Risk factors, warning signs, and symptoms of mental health problems
- Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and addiction disorders
- A 5-step action plan to help someone who may be experiencing a mental health or substance use problem
- Where to turn for help: professional, peer, self-help resources, etc…
The total cost for a person to attend the Mental Health First Aid course and become a certified Mental Health First Aider is valued at $170. Examples of what your gift can provide are as follows:
- $20 – participant manual for the Mental Health First Aid course
- $75 – classroom supplies for the Mental Health First Aid course, which includes pens, paper, markers, and other office supplies
- $2,200 – cost of training one new instructor who then can train hundreds of people in the potentially life-saving skills of Mental Health First Aid
Your donation will help us inspire the belief that individuals experiencing mental health challenges can and do get better.
Please help us win this war against suicide in the United States, and please join us in our path to helping those who are living with a mental illness. Together we will put a STOP to suicide.
To Donate by Mail:
Send check payable to:
PO Box 460695
Garland, Texas 75046
To Donate by Email:
Contact our office by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Donate by Credit Card:
Click on the button below